Sunday, March 22, 2015

Open Parachutes

Minds are a lot like parachutes...they work better open rather than close.  Period.

I say this because I am amazed that at this age and time, when there is so much good information (and some really bad one) out there, people are still resistant to try and see if new ideas may actually present a "gem in the rough" they didn't think about before.

Case in point is Israel Point Shoot.  I cannot tell you how much criticism this skill is subject to.  The funny thing is that most of the negative comments come from what I would like to call "Cyber-Commandos", being those "experts" who spend their days playing video games and blogging with zero to minimal true experience.



Funny thing is that when I get a chance to explain the skill, demonstrate it, and put it in context to people they not only accept it as a valid option, but tend to prefer it over prior skills they thought were the absolute gospel.

I am not saying the Israeli Point Shoot is the only way of doing things, but I am saying that if one of the most active and successful militaries in the world has been able to win wars and battles using this skill then maybe it is worth your attention.

Truth be told though is that I stopped carrying about what these wannabes say.  I will take the words of a true professional over a "Couch-Scout" blubber mouth any day.  Here are a few samples of feedback received from people who actually took the class and know what we are trying to a accomplish:

Officer from GA:  "First of all, I wanted to let you and your cadre know that your course was awesome!!!  I REALLY had fun and I learned a lot!  I loved the stress, new shooting technique, the op tempo, and the drills!  I have been incorporating the pistol shooting stance that you taught.  I have used it when I was clearing a school that had an alarm call. Very natural, comfortable and fast. Didn't have to shoot, but I felt I had a major tactical advantage if I had to engage a threat."

Officer from AL:  "In over 14 years of LE, this is by far the best class I ever took.  Although the skills were unorthodox, I see the value in them and will continue to practice".


Officer from MD:  "Completely different style or way of shooting compared to LE & military(US) for me. I really like it and it becomes 2nd nature the more it's practiced or used.  Also it's WAY more accurate!"


NSW professional:  "Having been through multiple training sessions and practice. ICS is the most effective way I have ever shot in a CQB or high stress scenario with a handgun. Body mechanics are extremely natural and muscle memory serves its purpose completely. You maintain eyes on target(s) at all time even with reloads and movement. It was hard to break old muscle memory but you cant beat the effectiveness of this at 10 yards or less."

...And the list goes on.

I guess what really gets me is the fact that so many out there prefer to argue and dismiss anything and everything without even trying it.  Aside from being just plain ignorant, it is a sign of a person who is stagnant in his/her training, and has no room in the tactical arena.  These people will eventually become a threat to themselves and those around them because they refuse to open their mind to new ideas, tactics, and way of doing business.

Let me finish with this: Israel has been dealing with certain threats for the past 67 years of its independence...and even before that.  Threats that the American people are trying to get a feel for now.  A threat that is expected to only grow in the upcoming years.  If people don't want to learn from the lessons of those who have been there and pretty much wrote the book on it, then they are sure to repeat mistakes that would cost many lives...including those of the officers themselves.

I invite anyone who has doubts about the validity of Israeli Point Shoot to come and try it out in one of our classes.  But until you do, recognize that all your comments are just like a closed parachute, and likely with the same end result.

Stay safe and watch your six.

BK Blankchtein
Masada Tactical Protective Services 

1 comment:

  1. In this new training ground traditional police tactics may take some place, but they are definitely on the back burner in comparison to Israeli training. Compare the two in a true to life training scenario and I know who my money will be on! America is learning, at some cost, the price of being ill prepared on this new battlefield. Let's not lose any more! Anybody want to sign up with me?
    That's just my spin on it!

    ReplyDelete